Membership in NCalSBA, a chapter of the American Society of Botanical Artists (ASBA), is open to anyone who supports the tradition and contemporary practice of botanical art and is or wishes to become a member of the ASBA.
Benefits of membership in NCalSBA include:
- exhibition opportunities including an annual Members’ Exhibition
- online Members’ Gallery
- networking and promotion of events of interest via our website and email list
- a variety of events and outings such as field sketching, garden tours, and informational speakers
- discounts for chapter activities
- opportunities to share interests and expertise with fellow artists
- plus all benefits of individual membership in the ASBA including the wonderful quarterly journal, The Botanical Artist.
ASBA, our national organization, collects and processes all dues:
- You will pay your dues directly to ASBA either on-line with a credit card or by check or credit card in the mail.
- You will be paying for both ASBA dues and your chapter dues at the same time: the combined dues for 2017 are $95. Be sure to indicate your chapter (NCalSBA) when joining/renewing to continue being a member of the chapter and for the chapter to receive our portion of the dues.
Instructions for joining or renewing your membership in ASBA and NCalSBA:
2017 Renewals now being accepted!
- Go to the Membership/Join/Renew page of the ASBA website.
- Follow the directions to select the appropriate ASBA membership option.
- When you see the message “You’re almost done!”, be sure to click the link to join a chapter and choose “Northern California Society of Botanical Artists”.
Remember, you must be a member of ASBA to join the Northern California Chapter. If you travel and wish to join another chapter you may join one additional chapter.
- You also have the option of making a donation to ASBA or NCalSBA or both.
- Once you have chosen all your options click on “Go to Cart/Checkout” to enter your personal information and payment information. You can also make changes before checking out.
If you prefer to renew by mail, you can download a mail-in membership form. DO NOT mail in a form if you pay online.
Please Help by Giving a Donation
The basic membership fee covers only a portion of NCalSBA’s operating expenses. We invite you to make a donation to the chapter in addition to your dues, if you can. The Northern California Society of Botanical Artists is a 501(c)(3) charitable and educational organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. Your support will be gratefully acknowledged.
You do not have to be a member to subscribe to our email list. If you would like to subscribe, please register here.
If you have any question about membership, please email us at email@example.com.